The Art of Barking at Dogs

Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Art of Meeting Your Favorite Author

You are walking through the various booths at the dealer's room. You stop at the one that has cute stuffed animals. The first words out of your mouth "Oooh, do you have a platypus? Like Perry the Platypus?" A nice lady, that you thought worked there, starts telling you how Toys 'R Us has a Perry the Platypus that starts out as Perry, then you can turn it inside out and it becomes Agent P.
Meanwhile, the girls who really works there is demoing a cool spider stuffed animal/puppet that you put your fingers in to move the legs. A voice from outside is loudly singing "Spider hands, spider hands, does what ever a spider can..." you turn around to smile and notice it is your favorite author. So instead you suavely blurt out "Oh my God I love you!" He smiles and says "I never know how to answer that. I can't say come back to my room since she's standing there." Points to platypus lady.
He goes into the booth, and the first question he asks is "Do you have a platypus?" You continue talking to the lady. You tell your kids that he's your favorite author, Peter David. The nice lady telling you about the Perry doll raises her hand and says "Yes, and I'm Mrs. David."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home