The Art of Barking at Dogs

Friday, March 05, 2010

The Art of Dumping Someone on Your Deathbed

I think this is hilarious... but then my post about getting over it (though hilarious in my head) took a turn for the serious.

I had bailed on a trip with my boyfriend. I realized we were not connecting the way I thought we should. This came about when I had a weird dream involving deodorant (that had a roller like a paint roller) and a guy I thought I was over. Apparently we drew with magic marker on his hot friend's floor. It was a ludicrous dream, but I realized I didn't want to be with my boyfriend, who, incidentally, I was supposed to fly away with on the the morning I awoke from this dream.

So I gave him the lack of connecting speech... told him I didn't want to go.

He said he would understand, but asked me to think about it and call him back in an hour.


Wow! What a cool guy, I thought. I should totally give him a chance.

So I went. We were stuck at the airport for a long, long, time. On the plane he chuckled as he  mentioned that he heard something regarding my "nemesis." He thought this was funny... someone mentioned her name at a vegetarian dinner. Now, I have no nemesis, but I do have someone who I purposely keep out of my life. He knew this. I told him, the way it "just was" was that I have a life entirely free of this person. He was not funny, we were NOT connecting and, so, it was over before the plane landed.

Well, the next morning I felt like I was dying. My head hurt so bad and my thoughts were clouded. I literally could not see straight. A fire alarm went off and I staggered down the hall past a lady and I couldn't see her face.  I went back to bed (fire alarm blaring).

I thought I was going to die.

And so, I had to say (to the only person who could help me, mind you): "I was right, this isn't going to work."

In a non-bitchy way, I needed him to know that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home