The Art of Barking at Dogs

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Art of Sounding Really Convincing

Athena has a way of sounding like she knows, 100% beyond the shadow of a doubt, what she is talking about. Whether giving directions, citing facts, or proclaiming ownership... no matter how many times I have been snowed, it sounds JUST SO BELIEVABLE.

So she came back from Fiji and told me that the #1 cause of death there was:

Getting hit in the head with a coconut.

One day, I decide to share this with my intelligent co-worker.... and I hear these same words coming out of my mouth, and yet I cannot stop them from coming out of my mouth.

So another co-worker (also intelligent, but armed with Google) AIMS me a link just as I complete my last word:

coconut.

#1 Cause of death = heart attack.

"Well of course it is," I say. "You just got hit on the head with a coconut and no one is around to help you!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home