The Art of Hiking on a Whim, Getting Lost, & Hitching a Ride
In in attempt to kill time while the kids were off doing their thing, I recalled a nearby nature trail. Sure I was in my business clothes and heels (guess who rolled out of bed to throw on the clothes from the day before?), but it was a gorgeous day. And since the nature trail was near a school, in addition to ignoring the rather large NEVER HIKE ALONE sign, I presumed the trail would be a simple loop... You know... something straightforward for the kids. Wherever I came upon a fork, I chose the more interesting route. In retrospect I can concede that *maybe* that downed tree was blocking that particular branch of the trail for a reason.
To my dismay, my trail did not loop, it ended.
So I had to walk through the woods (meaning like in LOST, when they are pioneering a new path), up and down a ridge, hug a tree (but dam, we all know I am a tree hugger anyway), & spin myself down to the highway. Yep, the highway. Which one? I could not tell.
After hurling myself into traffic I hitched a ride with a guy in a "Poop Away" car. [People who criticized my hitching got this response: Would a psycho killer really be driving around in a Poop Away car? Like seriously, if that was a serial killers gig, then fine... kudos, you got me. Good one.]
I showed up to get the kids precisely on time. I believe they said "You're exactly on time!" to which I said "What? Did you think I would get lost hiking and have to spin myself off of a tree, down a ridge, onto a highway, and hitch a ride in the Poop Away car? Sheesh!"
To my dismay, my trail did not loop, it ended.
So I had to walk through the woods (meaning like in LOST, when they are pioneering a new path), up and down a ridge, hug a tree (but dam, we all know I am a tree hugger anyway), & spin myself down to the highway. Yep, the highway. Which one? I could not tell.
After hurling myself into traffic I hitched a ride with a guy in a "Poop Away" car. [People who criticized my hitching got this response: Would a psycho killer really be driving around in a Poop Away car? Like seriously, if that was a serial killers gig, then fine... kudos, you got me. Good one.]
I showed up to get the kids precisely on time. I believe they said "You're exactly on time!" to which I said "What? Did you think I would get lost hiking and have to spin myself off of a tree, down a ridge, onto a highway, and hitch a ride in the Poop Away car? Sheesh!"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home